Sonoma Curriculum Mystic Curriculum Faculty Brochure Introductory Webinar Sonoma Hotel Mystic Hotel
We invite you to attend our Training Institute for Workplace Investigators
February 23-27, 2015 ♦ Sonoma County, California
May 4-8, 2015 ♦ Mystic Area, Connecticut
An intensive, five-day course leading to a Certificate of Completion!
In keeping with our mission to promote and enhance the quality of impartial workplace investigations, in 2015 we are presenting two sessions of our national-level, intensive Training Institute for Workplace Investigators. Upon completion of this challenging program, AWI will certify that the participant has completed what is becoming the gold standard for training in our industry. Class size will be limited so every participant will have personalized, hands-on training from the Institute’s experienced faculty.
We have priced this Institute to make it affordable to our members and other workplace investigators. Tuition for members, including continental breakfast, lunch, breaks, and the Thursday banquet, is $2,495 for early registration, $2,695 for regular registration, and $2,895 for late registration. The Sonoma Institute is sold out, but you can register for the waiting list. For the Mystic Institute, early registration is with a $500 deposit by February 15, 2015, and the balance due February 28, 2015; regular registration is with full payment by March 31, 2015, and late registration is thereafter. Non-member tuition is an additional $150. Our 2012, 2013 and 2014 Institutes also sold out, so register soon.
May Waiting List Registration
- Understanding the legal framework
- Analyzing claims, defining the issues and scope, and planning the investigation
- Ethical issues for attorneys, private investigators, and internal investigators
- Understanding and avoiding bias in investigations
- Interviewing and dealing with difficult witnesses
- Special issues in public sector investigations
- Determining credibility
- Full day small group mock investigation with one faculty per six students
- Report writing, including individual feedback on written findings based on mock investigation
- Threat assessments and how they differ from other investigations
- Recognizing electronic data Issues in investigations and the investigator’s office
- How investigations are attacked and defended
Click here to view the Sonoma Curriculum
Click here to view the Mystic Curriculum
Full Time Faculty
- Jeremy Eaves, DaVita, Inc.
- Gary M. Edwards, Facebook
- Elizabeth Gramigna, Elizabeth Watson Gramigna, P.C.
- Monica Jeffrey, JMJ Workplace Investigation Law LLP
- Marguerite Malloy, Alameda County Employees’ Retirement Association
- Judy Mims, Microsoft
- Marilou Mirkovich, Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo
- Amy Oppenheimer, Law Offices of Amy Oppenheimer
- Debra L. Reilly, Reilly Workplace Investigations
- Michael Robbins, EXTTI, Incorporated
- Keith Rohman, Public Interest Investigations, Inc.
- Alexander Sperry, Van Dermyden Maddux Law Corporation
- Sue Ann Van Dermyden, Van Dermyden Maddux Law Corporation
- Susan Woolley, Law Offices of Susan Woolley
Guest Speakers IncludeDavid P. Atkins, Pullman & Comley LLC
Sharon Berlin, Lamb & Barnosky, LLP
Jim Carden, Townsend, Carden & Rose, Inc.
James S. Cawood, Factor One
Mark A. Dubois, Geraghty & Bonnano, LLC
Joseph D. Garrison, Garrison, Levin-Epstein, Richardson, Fitzgerald & Pirrotti, P.C.
Lindsay Harris, West Coast Workplace Investigations
Rob Kleeger, Digital4nx Group, Ltd.
Steve Lubeski, Alexion Pharmaceuticals
Michael P. McKeon, Pullman & Comley LLC
Ronald Minkoff, Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz
Dan Stormer, Hadsell Stormer Richardson & Resnick
Bob Weronik, Alexion Pharmaceuticals
Click here to view photographs and biographies of faculty and guest speakers.
FEBRUARY 23-27, 2015, NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
DOUBLETREE SONOMA WINE COUNTRY HOTEL
The group rate is $89 per night plus tax. This resort hotel is in a lush setting in the Sonoma Coast viticulture area in the heart of Sonoma Wine Country. The Sonoma County Airport and a dozen wineries are within 15 minutes. The Sonoma County Airport Express provides round trip service directly to the hotel from San Francisco and Oakland International Airports. With a February average high temperature of 63 degrees, outdoor seating will be available for lunch. For dinner the hotel is providing complimentary shuttle service to highly-rated nearby restaurants. Rooms are limited so click here or call 800-222-8733 to make reservations.
MAY 4-8, 2015, MYSTIC AREA, CONNECTICUT
MYSTIC MARRIOTT HOTEL & SPA
The group rate is $149 per night plus tax. This architecturally stunning hotel is in the heart of Mystic Country, within two hours of Boston and three hours of New York City. You can fly into Providence T.F. Green or Hartford Bradley International Airport and take Amtrak to New London or Mystic Station. With a May average high temperature of 68 degrees, outdoor activities include beaches, bicycling, boating, hiking, jogging, kayaking, and walking. Local attractions include Mystic Seaport, Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods Casinos, and Jonathan Edwards Winery. Rooms are limited so click here or call 877-901-6632 to make reservations.
View Institute Introductory Webiner Below