Announcement to AWI Members - AAA®️ Investigation Panel
Wednesday, January 29, 2020
AWI is excited to announce to its members that American Arbitration Association®️ (AAA), the nation’s leading provider of alternative dispute resolution services, has established a panel of workplace investigators. AWI, as the leading association for workplace investigators and workplace investigation training, has worked closely with AAA in developing its criteria for this new panel. The criteria are as follows:
- Fifteen (15) investigations over the past two years, OR twenty (20) investigations at any time and having either supervised or conducted 10 of them in the last two years. An Association of Workplace Investigators Certificate can be substituted for five (5) investigations.
- Minimum of twelve (12) hours of professional development concerning work place investigations within the past 5 years.
- Compliance with legal requirements to perform workplace investigations i.e. attorney or private investigator (depending on specific state requirements).
- Compliance with applicable professional code of conduct applicable to your specific profession.
- Applicant will sign certification of compliance in application form with respect to all criteria noted above.
- Two (2) letters of reference from active professionals in applicant’s field, but outside any firms or professional associations in which the applicant is employed or on which the applicant currently serves as an officer, director, or trustee. Such letters should attest to the applicant’s reputation for integrity, fairness, and good judgment and must also address the following: a. Nature and duration of the relationship and b. Why the applicant would be qualified to serve.
Recommended sources for letters of reference include;
- Employer attorney,
- Employee representative, and
- Workplace investigator
If you believe you meet the criteria noted above please click here to download application form.
We encourage AWI members to apply for this new panel at AAAInvestigationPanel@adr.org as AAA is committed to recruiting only the most qualified and exceptional workplace investigators, and AWI members are certainly among the most qualified and exceptional workplace investigators.
The composition of the Roster of Workplace Investigators is at the sole discretion of the AAA. Continuation on the Roster is subject to standard review based on service need, qualifications and performance, as deemed appropriate by AAA. Neither acceptance to the Roster nor listing shall make any member of the Roster an employee, agent or independent contractor of the AAA.