Register Today — AWI Oakland Public Sector Investigations Seminar
Monday, April 29, 2019
Wednesday, June 26, 2019,
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Preservation Park Ginn Large
660 – 13th Street |
Oakland, California 94612
This popular, fast-paced, interactive program is designed to introduce participants to the theory and practical skills necessary to investigate allegations of employee misconduct in the public sector. Public sector workplace investigations involve procedural and substantive issues not present in other types of investigations.
In this seminar, the presenters discuss the issues unique to public sector investigations, along with general investigative planning, interviewing and reporting techniques. Among other things, you will learn how to:
- Identify public sector issues,
- Give the proper notifications and admonishments,
- Conduct defensible interviews and follow-up interviews without violating state laws,
- Assess credibility,
- Arrive at a legally defensible decision, and
- Issue a report to meet the agency’s needs, including evaluating and incorporating documentation gathered during the investigative process.
Attendees will receive program materials with tips and templates to assist them in their investigations. The seminar runs from 9 am to 4 pm and includes continental breakfast and lunch. Space is limited so register early to secure your attendance.
5.5 Hours – California MCLE approved
5.5 PDCs – SHRM pending approval
5.5 General HR – HRCI pending approval
Sustaining Members: $137.50