View upcoming Training Institutes
A four-day course followed by a full day series of tests.
Training Institute Overview | Certificate Program FAQ
Register online above or download this form to pay by check.
In keeping with our mission to promote and enhance the quality of impartial workplace investigations, we invited you to join the intensive Training Institute for Workplace Investigators, the gold standard in our industry. The Institute consists of four days of training, including 10 hours of small group sessions with our experienced faculty, and a day of tests. Students who pass the test will receive a certificate indicating that they have mastered the materials and will be permitted to place the designation ‘AWI-CH’ after their name.
The Institutes generally sell out, so register early.
- HRCI – 18.5 Credits (Pending Approval)
- California MCLE– 18.5 Credits (Approved)
- Minnesota CLE – 18.5 Credits (Pending Approval)
- SHRM – 18.5 PDCs (Pending Approval)
2020 Training Institutes Tuition*
Minneapolis Early Registration, by April 15, 2020
A 15% deposit will hold your place. The balance of the registration fee will automatically be charged on April 15, 2020.
Minneapolis Regular Registration
By June 1, 2020
Minneapolis Late Registration
After June 1, 2020
*Tuition includes training and tests. Students who have attended a previous Institute may contact the AWI office for a 25% tuition discount code. AWI’s Cancellation and Refund Policy.
Lowes Minneapolis Hotel
601 N. 1st Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403; $189 per night
Click here for reservations or call 877-878-5670
Cut-Off Date: Friday, July 10, 2020
- Understanding and Avoiding Bias in Investigations
- The Law Governing Why, What, and How We Investigate
- Identifying the Issues and Planning the Investigation
- Evidence Theory and Practice in Workplace Investigations
- Interviewing Witnesses in Workplace Investigations
- Making Credibility Determinations
- Achieving Excellence in Investigative Report Writing
- Full Day Small Group Mock Investigation
- Half Day Small Group Analysis and Report Writing Exercises
- Ethical Issues for Attorneys, Private Investigators and Internal Investigators
- Litigation and Other Events After the Investigation
- Question and Answer Session
Minneapolis Institute Faculty
AWI Institute Faculty are recognized experts in their fields, have completed the Institute Training, passed all of the assessment tests and hold the designation of Association of Workplace Investigators Certificate Holder (AWI-CH). Below is a list of the full-time and part-time faculty that will be present at the Minneapolis Institute.
View the bios online for the full-time and part-time faculty that will be present at the Minneapolis Institute. You may also download the Faculty Bios.
Minneapolis Institute Chair: Amy Oppenheimer, Law Offices of Amy Oppenheimer
Kathy Eppright, Andre, Morris & Buttery
Eli Makus, Ellis & Makus LLP
Reuben Mjaanes, Medtronic
Sue Ann Van Dermyden, Van Dermyden Maddux Law Corporation
Daphne Bishop, Carothers DiSante & Freudenberger LLP
Carl Botterud, Botterud Law & Mediation
Hugh Carson Gardner, Lockheed Martin
Maria Infanger, Lockheed Martin
Monica Jeffrey, JMJ Workplace Investigation Law LLP
Lynn Lieber, LieberLawyers
Oliver McKinstry, Twilio
Amit Patel, Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
Garon Wyatt, Garon Wyatt Investigative Services