A four-day course followed by a full day series of tests.
Training Institute Overview | Certificate Program FAQ
Register online above or download this form to pay by check.
In keeping with our mission to promote and enhance the quality of impartial workplace investigations, we invited you to join the intensive Training Institute for Workplace Investigators, the gold standard in our industry. The Institute consists of four days of training, including 10 hours of small group sessions with our experienced faculty, and a day of tests. Students who pass the test will receive a certificate indicating that they have mastered the materials and will be permitted to place the designation ‘AWI-CH’ after their name.
The Institutes generally sell out, so register early.
- HRCI – 18.5 Credits (Pending Approval)
- California MCLE– 18.5 Credits (Approved)
- Louisiana CLE – 18.5 (Pending Approval)
- SHRM – 18.5 PDCs (Pending Approval)
2020 Training Institutes Tuition*
New Orleans Early Registration, by February 3, 2020
A 15% deposit will hold your place. The balance of the registration fee will automatically be charged on February 3, 2020.
New Orleans Regular Registration
By March 16, 2020
New Orleans Late Registration
After March 16, 2020
*Tuition includes training and tests. Students who have attended a previous Institute may contact the AWI office for a 25% tuition discount code. AWI’s Cancellation and Refund Policy.
Harrah’s New Orleans Hotel
228 Pydras Street, New Orleans, LA 70130; $204 per night
Cut-Off Date: Friday, April 10, 2020
- Understanding and Avoiding Bias in Investigations
- The Law Governing Why, What, and How We Investigate
- Identifying the Issues and Planning the Investigation
- Evidence Theory and Practice in Workplace Investigations
- Interviewing Witnesses in Workplace Investigations
- Making Credibility Determinations
- Achieving Excellence in Investigative Report Writing
- Full Day Small Group Mock Investigation
- Half Day Small Group Analysis and Report Writing Exercises
- Ethical Issues for Attorneys, Private Investigators and Internal Investigators
- Litigation and Other Events After the Investigation
- Question and Answer Session
New Orleans Institute Faculty
AWI Institute Faculty are recognized experts in their fields, have completed the Institute Training, passed all of the assessment tests and hold the designation of Association of Workplace Investigators Certificate Holder (AWI-CH). Below is a list of the full-time and part-time faculty that will be present at the New Orleans Institute.
View the bios online for the full-time and part-time faculty that will be present at the New Orleans Institute. You may also download the Faculty Bios.
New Orleans Institute Chair: Michael Robbins, EXTTI, Inc.
Andrea Kelly Smethurst, Andrea Kelly Smethurst Law P.C.
Judy Mims, Amazon
Keith Rohman, Public Interest Investigations, Inc.
Vida Thomas, Stoel Rives LLP
Stacey Caplan, SAP
Kirsten Doolittle, Aequitas Counsel
Kathryn Hartrick, Hartrick Employment Law, Ltd
Lynn Lieber, LieberLawyers
Caroline Schuyler, Law Office of Caroline Schuyler
Shivani Sutaria, Shivani Sutaria Law Offices
Lizbeth West, Weintraub Tobin Chediak Coleman Grodin
Lori Wolner, Good Source Solutions