This event is sold out. You may click "register" to join the waitlist. Please note the waitlist requires a $500 deposit.
A four-day course followed by a full day series of tests.
Training Institute Overview | Certificate Program FAQ
In keeping with our mission to promote and enhance the quality of impartial workplace investigations, we invited you to join the intensive Training Institute for Workplace Investigators, the gold standard in our industry. The Institute consists of four days of training, including 10 hours of small group sessions with our experienced faculty, and a day of tests. Students who pass the test will receive a certificate indicating that they have mastered the materials and will be permitted to place the designation ‘AWI-CH’ after their name.
Register online above or download this form to pay by check.
- HRCI – 18.5 Credits (Pending Approval)
- California MCLE– 18.5 Credits (Approved)
- Illinois CLE – 18.50 (Pending Approval)
- SHRM – 18.5 PDCs (Pending Approval)
2019 Training Institutes Tuition*
Chicago Early Registration, by February 1, 2019
A 15% deposit will hold your place. The balance of the registration fee will automatically be charged on February 1, 2019.
Chicago Regular Registration
By March 25, 2019
Chicago Late Registration
After March 25, 2019
*Tuition includes training and tests. Students who have attended a previous Institute may contact the AWI office for a 25% tuition discount code. AWI’s Cancellation and Refund Policy.
1405 North Fifth Avenue
St. Charles, IL 60174; $130 - $195 per night
Click here for reservations or call (877) 774-4627
Cut-Off Date: April 8, 2019
- Understanding and Avoiding Bias in Investigations
- The Law Governing Why, What, and How We Investigate
- Identifying the Issues and Planning the Investigation
- Evidence Theory and Practice in Workplace Investigations
- Interviewing Witnesses in Workplace Investigations
- Making Credibility Determinations
- Achieving Excellence in Investigative Report Writing
- Full Day Small Group Mock Investigation
- Half Day Small Group Analysis and Report Writing Exercises
- Ethical Issues for Attorneys, Private Investigators and Internal Investigators
- Litigation and Other Events After the Investigation
- Question and Answer Session
Chicago Area Institute Faculty
AWI Institute Faculty are recognized experts in their fields, have completed the Institute Training, passed all of the assessment tests and hold the designation of Association of Workplace Investigators Certificate Holder (AWI-CH).
View the bios online for the full-time and part-time faculty that will be present at the Chicago Area Institute. You may also download the Faculty Bios.
Chicago Area Training Institute Chair: Sue Ann Van Dermyden
Reuben Mjaanes, Medtronic
Marilou Mirkovich, Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Rudd & Romo
Keith Rohman, Public Interest Investigations, Inc.
Vida Thomas, Stoel Rives LLP
Donna Evans, EXTTI, Inc.
Britt-Marie Cole-Johnson, Robinson & Cole LLP
Erin Mason, Reyes Holdings, LLC
Pam Clarke, Pamela M. Clarke Law Corporation
Linda Burwell, National Investigation Counsel
Kathryn Hartrick, Hartrick Employment Law, Ltd