A four-day course followed by a full day series of tests.
Training Institute Overview | Certificate Program FAQ
Register online above or download this form to pay by check.
In keeping with our mission to promote and enhance the quality of impartial workplace investigations, we invited you to join the intensive Training Institute for Workplace Investigators, the gold standard in our industry. The Institute consists of four days of training, including 10 hours of small group sessions with our experienced faculty, and a day of tests. Students who pass the test will receive a certificate indicating that they have mastered the materials and will be permitted to place the designation ‘AWI-CH’ after their name.
The Institutes generally sell out, so register early.
- HRCI – 18.5 Credits (Pending Approval)
- California MCLE– 18.5 Credits (Approved)
- SHRM – 18.5 PDCs (Pending Approval)
2019 Training Institutes Tuition*
Scottsdale Early Registration, by August 1, 2019
A 15% deposit will hold your place. The balance of the registration fee will automatically be charged on August 1, 2019.
Scottsdale Regular Registration
By September 30, 2019
Scottsdale Late Registration
After September 30, 2019
*Tuition includes training and tests. Students who have attended a previous Institute may contact the AWI office for a 25% tuition discount code. AWI’s Cancellation and Refund Policy.
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley – Scottsdale
5401 N. Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85250; $179 per night
Reservations can be made within the AWI block starting February 1, 2019.
Cut-Off Date: October 12, 2019
- Understanding and Avoiding Bias in Investigations
- The Law Governing Why, What, and How We Investigate
- Identifying the Issues and Planning the Investigation
- Evidence Theory and Practice in Workplace Investigations
- Interviewing Witnesses in Workplace Investigations
- Making Credibility Determinations
- Achieving Excellence in Investigative Report Writing
- Full Day Small Group Mock Investigation
- Half Day Small Group Analysis and Report Writing Exercises
- Ethical Issues for Attorneys, Private Investigators and Internal Investigators
- Litigation and Other Events After the Investigation
- Question and Answer Session
Scottsdale Institute Faculty
AWI Institute Faculty are recognized experts in their fields, have completed the Institute Training, passed all of the assessment tests and hold the designation of Association of Workplace Investigators Certificate Holder (AWI-CH).
View the bios online for the full-time and part-time faculty that will be present at the Scottsdale Institute. You may also download the Faculty Bios.
Scottsdale Institute Chair: Karen Kramer, Kramer Workplace Investigations
Michelle Regalia McGrath, AWI-CHI, McGrath Investigations Law Corporation
Michael Robbins, EXTTI, Inc.
Alex Sperry, Law Office of Alexander M. Sperry
Vida Thomas, Stoel Rives LLP
Susan Woolley, Law Office of Susan Woolley
Carl Botterud, Botterud Law & Mediation
Chris Boucher, Wiley Price & Radulovich, LLP
Stacey Caplan, SAP
Maria Infanger, Lockheed Martin
Lynn Lieber, Lieber Lawyers
Cate Moss, Unifor Local 2002
Tina Ro-Connolly, Law Offices of Amy Oppenheimer
Andrea Kelly Smethurst, Andrea Kelly Smethurst Law P.C.