This Institute has sold out.
Registration for 2020 trainings will be opening in September!
A four-day course followed by a full day series of tests.
Training Institute Overview | Certificate Program FAQ
Register online above or download this form to pay by check.
In keeping with our mission to promote and enhance the quality of impartial workplace investigations, we invited you to join the intensive Training Institute for Workplace Investigators, the gold standard in our industry. The Institute consists of four days of training, including 10 hours of small group sessions with our experienced faculty, and a day of tests. Students who pass the test will receive a certificate indicating that they have mastered the materials and will be permitted to place the designation ‘AWI-CH’ after their name.
The Institutes generally sell out, so register early.
- HRCI – 18.5 Credits (Pending Approval)
- California MCLE– 18.5 Credits (Approved)
- Colorado CLE – 18.5 Credits (Pending Approval)
- SHRM – 18.5 PDCs (Pending Approval)
2019 Training Institutes Tuition*
Vail Early Registration, by June 1, 2019
A 15% deposit will hold your place. The balance of the registration fee will automatically be charged on May 31, 2019.
Vail Regular Registration
By August 1, 2019
Vail Late Registration
After August 1, 2019
*Tuition includes training and tests. Students who have attended a previous Institute may contact the AWI office for a 25% tuition discount code. AWI’s Cancellation and Refund Policy.
The Lodge at Vail
174 East Gore Creek Drive
Vail, CO 8165
$175 per night
Call 1-888-367-ROCK (7625) and reference the group code VC0WIR.
Cut-Off Date: Friday, August 16, 2019
- Understanding and Avoiding Bias in Investigations
- The Law Governing Why, What, and How We Investigate
- Identifying the Issues and Planning the Investigation
- Evidence Theory and Practice in Workplace Investigations
- Interviewing Witnesses in Workplace Investigations
- Making Credibility Determinations
- Achieving Excellence in Investigative Report Writing
- Full Day Small Group Mock Investigation
- Half Day Small Group Analysis and Report Writing Exercises
- Ethical Issues for Attorneys, Private Investigators and Internal Investigators
- Litigation and Other Events After the Investigation
- Question and Answer Session
Vail Institute Faculty
AWI Institute Faculty are recognized experts in their fields, have completed the Institute Training, passed all of the assessment tests and hold the designation of Association of Workplace Investigators Certificate Holder (AWI-CH).
View the bios online for the full-time and part-time faculty that will be present at the Vail Institute. You may also download the Faculty Bios.
Vail Institute Chair: Monica Jeffrey, JMJ Workplace Investigation Law LLP
Jeremy Eaves, DaVita Inc.
Michael Robbins, EXTTI, Inc.
Cara Panebianco, TriNet
Carl Botterud, Botterud Law & Mediation
Terri Levenfeld, Spinelli Donald & Nott
Amy Oppenheimer, Law Offices of Amy Oppenheimer
Julie Yanow, EquiLaw
Eli Makus, Ellis Buehler Makus LLP
Sue Ann Van Dermyden, Van Dermyden Maddux Law Corporation
Katie Kusske, Medtronic
Scott Bowman, Investigations Law Group