A four-day course followed by a full day series of tests.
Training Institute Overview | Certificate Program FAQ
Register online above or download this form to pay by check.
In keeping with our mission to promote and enhance the quality of impartial workplace investigations, we invited you to join the intensive Training Institute for Workplace Investigators, the gold standard in our industry. The Institute consists of four days of training, including 10 hours of small group sessions with our experienced faculty, and a day of tests. Students who pass the test will receive a certificate indicating that they have mastered the materials and will be permitted to place the designation ‘AWI-CH’ after their name.
The Institutes generally sell out, so register early.
- HRCI – 18.5 Credits (Pending Approval)
- California MCLE– 18.5 Credits (Approved)
- SHRM – 18.5 PDCs (Pending Approval)
2020 Training Institutes Tuition*
Sacramento Early Registration, by March 2, 2020
A 15% deposit will hold your place. The balance of the registration fee will automatically be charged on March 2, 2020.
Sacramento Regular Registration
By April 15, 2020
Sacramento Late Registration
After April 15, 2020
*Tuition includes training and tests. Students who have attended a previous Institute may contact the AWI office for a 25% tuition discount code. AWI’s Cancellation and Refund Policy.
Embassy Suites by Hilton Sacramento Riverfront Promenade
100 Capitol Mall, Sacramento, CA 95814; $209 per night
Online Reservation: www.sacramento.embassysuites.com
Group Code: AWI
Reservation by phone: Call (916) 326-5000 and ask for the AWI 2020 Summer Training Institute discount rate.
Cut-Off Date: Saturday, May 23, 2020
- Understanding and Avoiding Bias in Investigations
- The Law Governing Why, What, and How We Investigate
- Identifying the Issues and Planning the Investigation
- Evidence Theory and Practice in Workplace Investigations
- Interviewing Witnesses in Workplace Investigations
- Making Credibility Determinations
- Achieving Excellence in Investigative Report Writing
- Full Day Small Group Mock Investigation
- Half Day Small Group Analysis and Report Writing Exercises
- Ethical Issues for Attorneys, Private Investigators and Internal Investigators
- Litigation and Other Events After the Investigation
- Question and Answer Session
Sacramento Institute Faculty
AWI Institute Faculty are recognized experts in their fields, have completed the Institute Training, passed all of the assessment tests and hold the designation of Association of Workplace Investigators Certificate Holder (AWI-CH). Below is a list of the full-time and part-time faculty that will be present at the Sacramento Institute.
View the bios online for the full-time and part-time faculty that will be present at the Sacramento Institute. You may also download the Faculty Bios.
Sacramento Institute Chair: Karen Kramer, Kramer Workplace Investigations
Terri Abad Levenfeld, Spinelli Donald & Nott
Carl Botterud, Botterud Law & Mediation
Michelle McGrath, McGrath Investigations Law Corporation
Oliver McKinstry, Twilio
Alex Sperry, Law Offices of Alexander Sperry
Lisa Bowman, Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C.
Scott Bowman, Investigations Law Group
Kevin Calder, K Calder & Associates
Demetrius Kachafanas, Cape Breton Regional Municipality
Zaneta Seidel, Law Offices of Amy Oppenheimer
Gita Varughese, Uber