A four-day course followed by a full day series of tests.
Training Institute Overview | Certificate Program FAQ
Register online above or download this form to pay by check.
In keeping with our mission to promote and enhance the quality of impartial workplace investigations, we invited you to join the intensive Training Institute for Workplace Investigators, the gold standard in our industry. The Institute consists of four days of training, including 10 hours of small group sessions with our experienced faculty, and a day of tests. Students who pass the test will receive a certificate indicating that they have mastered the materials and will be permitted to place the designation ‘AWI-CH’ after their name.
The Institutes generally sell out, so register early.
- HRCI – 18.5 Credits (Pending Approval)
- California MCLE– 18.5 Credits (Approved)
- SHRM – 18.5 PDCs (Pending Approval)
2020 Training Institutes Tuition*
Niagara Early Registration, by June 15, 2020
A 15% deposit will hold your place. The balance of the registration fee will automatically be charged on June 15, 2020.
Niagara Regular Registration
By August 3, 2020
Niagara Late Registration
After August 3, 2020
*Tuition includes training and tests. Students who have attended a previous Institute may contact the AWI office for a 25% tuition discount code. AWI’s Cancellation and Refund Policy.
White Oaks Resort & Spa – Niagara-on-the-Lake
253 Taylor Rd, SS4, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario L0S 1J0, CANADA; $189 CAD per night
Click here for reservations or call (800) 263-5766
Cut-Off Date: Saturday, September 12, 2020
- Understanding and Avoiding Bias in Investigations
- The Law Governing Why, What, and How We Investigate
- Identifying the Issues and Planning the Investigation
- Evidence Theory and Practice in Workplace Investigations
- Interviewing Witnesses in Workplace Investigations
- Making Credibility Determinations
- Achieving Excellence in Investigative Report Writing
- Full Day Small Group Mock Investigation
- Half Day Small Group Analysis and Report Writing Exercises
- Ethical Issues for Attorneys, Private Investigators and Internal Investigators
- Litigation and Other Events After the Investigation
- Question and Answer Session
Niagara Institute Faculty
AWI Institute Faculty are recognized experts in their fields, have completed the Institute Training, passed all of the assessment tests and hold the designation of Association of Workplace Investigators Certificate Holder (AWI-CH). Below is a list of the full-time and part-time faculty that will be present at the Niagara Institute.
View the bios online for the full-time and part-time faculty that will be present at the Niagara Institute. You may also download the Faculty Bios.
Niagara Institute Chair: Monica Jeffrey, JMJ Workplace Investigation Law LLP
Jeremy Eaves, DaVita, Inc
Donna Evans, EXTTI, Inc
Alex Sperry, Law Offices of Alexander Sperry
Sue Ann Van Dermyden, Van Dermyden Maddux Law Corporation
Allison West, Employment Practices Specialists
Terri Abad Levenfeld, Spinelli Donald & Nott
Chris Boucher, Wiley Price & Radulovich, LLP
Carly Dunster, Turnpenney Milne, LLP
Beth Gramigna, Tribu Partners
Erin Mason, Reyes Holdings, LLC
Cate Moss, Unifor Local 2002
Alezah Trigueros, Law Offices of Amy Oppenheimer
Isabel Tsevi-Fanson, NAV CANADA