This event is sold out. You may click "register" to join the waitlist. Please note the waitlist requires a $500 deposit.
A four-day course, and a half-day series of tests,
with a certificate for students who pass the tests.
Certificate Program Announcement
Certificate Program FAQ
In keeping with our mission to promote and enhance the quality of impartial workplace investigations, in 2017 we are presenting three sessions of our intensive Training Institute for Workplace Investigators, the gold standard in our industry. The Institute consists of four days of training, including 10 hours of small group sessions with our experienced faculty, and a half-day series of tests. Students who pass the tests will receive a certificate. The next Institute will be held in Santa Barbara, CA in January 2018.
- HRCI – 18.5 Credits (Approved)
- California MCLE– 18.5 Credits (Approved)
- Texas CLE – 18.75 Total, Includes 1.25 Ethics (Approved)
- SHRM – 17.75 PDCs (Approved)
REGISTER ON WAITING LIST
|2017 Training Institutes Tuition*
|Austin Early Registration
Deadline: June 30, 2017
|Austin Regular Registration
By July 31, 2017.
|Austin Late Registration
After July 31, 2017
*Tuition includes training and tests. Students who have attended a previous Institute may contact the AWI office for a 25% tuition discount code. Click here for AWI’s Cancellation and Refund Policy.
Doubletree Austin, 6505 Interstate Highway-35 North, Austin, TX 78752. $135 per night
Click here for reservations or call (800) 347-0330
- Understanding and Avoiding Bias in Investigations
- The Law Governing Why, What, and How We Investigate
- Identifying the Issues and Planning the Investigation
- Evidence Theory and Practice in Workplace Investigations
- Interviewing Witnesses in Workplace Investigations
- Making Credibility Determinations
- Achieving Excellence in Investigative Report Writing
- Full Day Small Group Mock Investigation
- Half Day Small Group Analysis and Report Writing Exercises
- Ethical Issues for Attorneys, Private Investigators and Internal Investigators
- Litigation and Other Events After the Investigation
- Question and Answer Session
Austin Institute Faculty
AWI Institute Faculty are recognized experts in their fields, have completed the Institute Training, passed all of the assessment tests and hold the designation of Association of Workplace Investigators Certificate Holder (AWI-CH). Below is a list of the full-time and part-time faculty that will be present at the Austin Institute.
|Full Time Faculty
- Jeremy Eaves
- Karen Kramer
- Eli Makus
- Vida Thomas
- Sue Ann Van Dermyden
- Susan Woolley
>> Read the faculty biographies.