This event is sold out. You may click "register" to join the waitlist. Please note the waitlist requires a $500 deposit.
A four-day course followed by half-day series of tests.
Certificate Program Announcement | Certificate Program FAQ
In keeping with our mission to promote and enhance the quality of impartial workplace investigations, we invite you to join the intensive Training Institute for Workplace Investigators, the gold standard in our industry. The Institute consists of four days of training, including 10 hours of small group sessions with our experienced faculty, and a half-day series of tests. Students who pass the test will receive a certificate indicating that they have mastered the materials and will be permitted to place the designation ‘AWI-CH’ after their name.
REGISTER ON WAITING LIST
Tuition for AWI Members:
If you register by December 31, 2017 — $3,195 (total tuition)
If you register after December 31, 2017 — $3,395 (total tuition)
Tuition for Non-Members:
If you register by December 31, 2017 — $3,345 (total tuition)
If you register after December 31, 2017 — $3,545 (total tuition)
*Tuition includes training and tests. Students who have attended a previous Institute may contact the AWI office for a 25% tuition discount code. AWI’s Cancellation and Refund Policy.
The Fess Parker – A DoubleTree by Hilton Resort
633 E. Cabrillo Boulevard, Santa Barbara, CA 93103; $199 per night
To make reservations call (805) 564-4333 or reserve online.
- Understanding and Avoiding Bias in Investigations
- The Law Governing Why, What, and How We Investigate
- Identifying the Issues and Planning the Investigation
- Evidence Theory and Practice in Workplace Investigations
- Interviewing Witnesses in Workplace Investigations
- Making Credibility Determinations
- Achieving Excellence in Investigative Report Writing
- Full Day Small Group Mock Investigation
- Half Day Small Group Analysis and Report Writing Exercises
- Ethical Issues for Attorneys, Private Investigators and Internal Investigators
- Litigation and Other Events After the Investigation
- Question and Answer Session
Santa Barbara Institute Faculty
AWI Institute Faculty are recognized experts in their fields. Below is a list of the full-time and part-time faculty that will be present at the Santa Barbara Institute. View full bios here.
Santa Barbara Chair: Sue Ann Van Dermyden, Van Dermyden Maddux Law Corporation
Reuben Mjaanes, Medtronic
Michael Robbins, EXTTI, Incorporated
Vida Thomas, Weintraub Tobin
Susan Wooley, Law Office of Susan Woolley
Nancy Bornn, Nancy Bornn A Law Corporation
Carl Botterud, Ritt Tai Thvedt & Hodges, LLP
Kathryn Eppright, Andre, Morris & Buttery
Lynn Lieber, LieberLawyers
Michelle McGrath, McGrath Investigations
Stacy Perrin, SAP
Julie Yanow, EquiLaw