A four-day course followed by half-day series of tests.
Certificate Program Announcement | Certificate Program FAQ
In keeping with our mission to promote and enhance the quality of impartial workplace investigations, we invite you to join the intensive Training Institute for Workplace Investigators, the gold standard in our industry. The Institute consists of four days of training, including 10 hours of small group sessions with our experienced faculty, and a half-day series of tests. Students who pass the test will receive a certificate indicating that they have mastered the materials and will be permitted to place the designation ‘AWI-CH’ after their name.
The Institutes generally sell out, so register early.
Register online above or download this form to pay by check.
2018 Training Institutes Tuition*
Whistler Early Registration, by April 23, 2018
A 15% deposit will hold your place. The balance of the registration fee will automatically be charged on April 23, 2018.
Whistler Regular Registration
By June 30, 2018
Whistler Late Registration
After June 30, 2018
*Tuition includes training and tests. Students who have attended a previous Institute may contact the AWI office for a 25% tuition discount code. AWI’s Cancellation and Refund Policy.
Fairmont Chateau Whistler
4599 Chateau Blvd, Whistler, BC V0N 1B4, CA
Starting at $279 CAD per night
Click here for reservations or call 1-800-606-8244
- Understanding and Avoiding Bias in Investigations
- The Law Governing Why, What, and How We Investigate
- Identifying the Issues and Planning the Investigation
- Evidence Theory and Practice in Workplace Investigations
- Interviewing Witnesses in Workplace Investigations
- Making Credibility Determinations
- Achieving Excellence in Investigative Report Writing
- Full Day Small Group Mock Investigation
- Half Day Small Group Analysis and Report Writing Exercises
- Ethical Issues for Attorneys, Private Investigators and Internal Investigators
- Litigation and Other Events After the Investigation
- Question and Answer Session
Whistler Institute Faculty
AWI Institute Faculty are recognized experts in their fields. Below is a list of the full-time and part-time faculty that will be present at the Whistler Institute. View full bios here.
Whistler Chair: Monica Jeffrey, JMJ Workplace Investigation Law LLP
Jeremy Eaves, DaVita Inc
Emily Kaufer, Air Canada
Eli Makus, Ellis Buehler Makus LLP
Amy Oppenheimer, Law Offices of Amy Oppenheimer
Cara Panebianco, TriNet
Christopher Boucher, Port of Oakland
Kevin Calder, K Calder & Associates
Pamela Clarke, Pamela M. Clarke Law Corporation
Erin Mason, Reyes Holdings, LLC
Cate Moss, Air Canada & Unifor Local 2002
Sue Ann Van Dermyden, Van Dermyden Maddux Law Corporation