A four-day course followed by half-day series of tests.
Certificate Program Announcement | Certificate Program FAQ
Register online above or download this form to pay by check.
In keeping with our mission to promote and enhance the quality of impartial workplace investigations, we invite you to join the intensive Training Institute for Workplace Investigators, the gold standard in our industry. The Institute consists of four days of training, including 10 hours of small group sessions with our experienced faculty, and a half-day series of tests. Students who pass the test will receive a certificate indicating that they have mastered the materials and will be permitted to place the designation ‘AWI-CH’ after their name.
The Institutes generally sell out, so register early.
2018 Training Institutes Tuition*
Santa Barbara Early Registration, by November 1, 2017
A 15% deposit will hold your place. The balance of the registration fee will automatically be charged on November 1, 2017.
Santa Barbara Regular Registration
By December 31, 2017
Santa Barbara Late Registration
After December 31, 2017
*Tuition includes training and tests. Students who have attended a previous Institute may contact the AWI office for a 25% tuition discount code. AWI’s Cancellation and Refund Policy.
The Fess Parker – A DoubleTree by Hilton Resort
633 E. Cabrillo Boulevard, Santa Barbara, CA 93103; $199 per night
To make reservations call (805) 564-4333 or reserve online.
- Understanding and Avoiding Bias in Investigations
- The Law Governing Why, What, and How We Investigate
- Identifying the Issues and Planning the Investigation
- Evidence Theory and Practice in Workplace Investigations
- Interviewing Witnesses in Workplace Investigations
- Making Credibility Determinations
- Achieving Excellence in Investigative Report Writing
- Full Day Small Group Mock Investigation
- Half Day Small Group Analysis and Report Writing Exercises
- Ethical Issues for Attorneys, Private Investigators and Internal Investigators
- Litigation and Other Events After the Investigation
- Question and Answer Session
Santa Barbara Institute Faculty
AWI Institute Faculty are recognized experts in their fields. Below is a list of the full-time and part-time faculty that will be present at the Santa Barbara Institute. View full bios here.
Santa Barbara Chair: Sue Ann Van Dermyden, Van Dermyden Maddux Law Corporation
Reuben Mjaanes, Medtronic
Michael Robbins, EXTTI, Incorporated
Vida Thomas, Weintraub Tobin
Susan Wooley, Law Office of Susan Woolley
Nancy Bornn, Nancy Bornn A Law Corporation
Carl Botterud, Ritt Tai Thvedt & Hodges, LLP
Kathryn Eppright, Andre, Morris & Buttery
Lynn Lieber, LieberLawyers
Michelle McGrath, McGrath Investigations
Stacy Perrin, SAP
Julie Yanow, EquiLaw